Tuesday, March 29, 2016

Why not? A chance in life...

Why not?  It seems to be that these two words have opened more doors for me that ever before.  There lies deep inside me a sense of adventure and a willingness to explore.  Granted sometimes those simple words open the unknown and unpredictable future, but what it gives is a true meaning to life...for me.  We only have but a moment to live on this earth.  For me, I want to see and experience all that I can.  I know that my choices sometimes drive my family crazy.  Why would I chose to live outside the US for so long?  Why would I rather buy plane tickets instead of putting money back for savings in the future?  Why would I want to put myself in situations where I don't understand the language or culture sometimes?  To me...why not!


Growing up in a very small rural town in Tennessee, my surroundings were limited and small.  Very grateful for growing up in a small town for the values it instilled within me.  Just like a small little bird that eventually leaves the nest for the first time, you realize you can fly and there is a whole world outside after you leave that nest.  I read history books and watched the discovery channel when I was younger.  Seeing the different places and reading about history made me want to go there and see with my own eyes.  I wanted to GO!  Why not? Right!

That sense of adventure has allowed me to see more of the world that history books or TV would ever allow.  So many times, I have wished that I had the google glasses so that others can share with me in this experience of life.  Often pictures do not fully do justice the full beauty of the scenery or the surroundings.  Traveling is more than just seeing great places and sharing the moments on Facebook.  Its the full experience.  Its the people you meet.  The local foods you enjoy.  Its the experiences that open and expand you mind and help you become more globally minded.  What I have gained through experiences and the people I have met is worth more than any money in this world.

Yet again, I find myself in the dawn of a new adventure...moving to Shanghai.  The city is massive and the life there is quiet different than the city of Chengdu where I reside now.  But what excites me is the new adventures ahead.  Why not move to the largest city in China...or in Asia as a matter of fact.  With a city that boosts of its over 24 million people, there is surely some great stories, adventures and experiences to be had.  There are also some draw backs being in a city that is so populated.  Cost of living, crowded transportation, housing, and such.  However, the opportunities that are ahead outweigh the negative.

But this "why not" attitude has given me a chance to experience a whole world personally.  Its a growing experience to leave the comforts of home and of what we are familiar with, to taste and see the rest of the world.  In experiencing all that I have, I love sharing these experiences.  I often wish that I had the wealth to bring so many others with me to partake in these experiences.  For now, you
will just have to live vicariously through my pictures and stories.  Why not! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment